River St, Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 225.6786
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I designate Vermont Patients Alliance, Inc. as my dispensary?
After becoming a "registered patient" with the Vermont Medical Marijuana Registry you will have the option to designate a dispensary. If you would like to choose Vermont Patients Alliance, Inc. as your dispensary complete this Dispensary Selection Form and return it to: Department of Public Safety, Vermont Criminal Information Center, 103 South Main Street Waterbury, VT 05671-2101. 

Can I visit Vermont Patients Alliance, Inc. before designating it as my dispensary?
No. At this time we do not schedule appointments until a patient has designated us as their dispensary.

When are you open?
Our business hours are by appointment only. 

How do I make an appointment?
To make an appointment please call (802) 225-6786.  

Do you take credit cards?
No. We can only accept cash or check. 

What should I bring to my first appointment?
Please bring your medical cannabis card (that says you have designated Vermont Patients Alliance, Inc. as your dispensary) and a Vermont state issued ID. The State also requires that cannabis be transported in a locked container.

Who may register with the Medical Marijuana Registry?
The Act creating the Medical Marijuana Registry was designed to protect certain seriously ill and terminally ill patients from state criminal penalties for using marijuana to relieve the symptoms or effects of their debilitating medical condition. Only people with a debilitating medical condition may use cannabis. A “Debilitating medical condition” means:
  • cancer, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), multiple sclerosis (MS), or the treatment of these conditions if the disease or the treatment results in severe, persistent, and intractable symptoms; or 
  • a disease, medical condition, or its treatment that is chronic, debilitating and produces severe, persistent, and one or more of the following intractable symptoms: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe pain or nausea or seizures. 
The Act also allows a “caregiver” to register and receive the same criminal protections as the registered patient. However, the caregiver is not entitled to use marijuana.

How do I register as a patient with the Vermont Medical Marijuana Registry?
In order to become a “registered patient” with the Vermont Medical Marijuana Registry you must complete a Registered Patient Application form. Paper copies of the form may be completed with a typewriter or by hand. The form must be completed in ink. You will be responsible for completing most of the form. However, part of the form will need to be completed by your health care provider. Your health care provider must be licensed to practice in Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or New York in order to complete the form. After all sections of the form are completed you will need to have it notarized. You are also required to provide a digital photograph of yourself for your Medical Marijuana Registry Identification Card. Mail the completed form (faxes are not acceptable) along with the other required items to the Vermont Medical Marijuana Registry at the address provided on the form. The Registry will process your application within 30 days after your application is complete. If your application is approved you will be notified in writing and receive a Marijuana Registry Identification Card. If your application is denied you will be notified in writing and be advised of your right to appeal the denial. Registrations are issued for one year and are renewable. A new application packet (forms, fee and photo) must be submitted for each renewal request. Download a Registered Patient Application Form here.

Is there a cost to register?
Yes. There is a $50 non-refundable fee for each application. There are no provisions to waive the fee, pay the fee in installments, or pay the fee with a credit card. The fee must accompany each new or renewal application. The fee must be paid by check or money order. Checks or money orders should be made out to the Vermont Department of Public Safety. Please note that the fee will not be returned in the event that your application is denied.